Welcome to the application site for the GSN International Munich Brain Course Award. Please note that only complete applications submitted by the application deadline will be considered. You must be registered in a Bachelor or Master Degree program to apply for this award.
Neuroanatomy is the foundation of all neuroscience. Yet, the application of neuroanatomical knowledge in everyday clinical or scientific practice can be difficult. The brain course at the Ludwig-Maximilians-Universität (LMU) München aims at illustrating and teaching anatomical issues as viewed from various neuroscientific disciplines. The Munich Brain Course is a yearly event held every spring. Each course has several main topics, with additional presentations and hands-on dissections. The upcoming course will take place on March 13th and 14th, 2020.
As a sponsor of the Munich Brain Course, the Graduate School of Systemic Neurosciences at LMU Munich will select up to 5 Bachelor or Master students to participate in the 2020 course. Selected students will receive an award covering travel costs and course fees. Accommodation will also be provided.
First deadline was January 15th. You can not start a new application any more.
New extended deadline for submission of applications: January 24th, 2020 at 12:00 (noon) CET.
Deadline for submission of recommendation letters: January 24th, 2020 at 12:00 (noon) CET.
We look forward to your applications!
- Only complete applications submitted via the online tool before the deadline will be considered;
- You should save your application to make sure the data is stored. This gives you the opportunity to edit your data flexibly prior to submission;
- Please remember to formally submit your application by clicking the “Save and Submit” button (last tab) once your application is complete;
- Once you have submitted your application it is no longer possible to make changes!
- You can monitor the status of your recommendation letters under "Progress" in the "Application" menu;
- Explanation for icons:
- The maximum file size per uploaded document is limited to 5 MB and should not be encrypted;
- There are no application fees.
Letter of recommendation: You must provide contact details and an email address for one referee. Please carefully fill in this information in the online application form. They will receive an automated email, inviting them to submit an online recommendation through the application tool. Make sure that your referee has enough time to submit the recommendation by the deadline (January 15th, 2020 at 12:00 (noon) CET). You can submit your application before your reference letter arrives.
Timeline for 2020 applications:
• Deadline for submission of application: January 15th, 2020 at 12:00 (noon) CET
• Deadline for submission of recommendation letter: January 15th, 2020 at 12:00 (noon) CET
• February 3rd, 2020: Communication of award decisions
• March 12th, 2020: Arrival & Coffee reception for award recipients in LMU Biocenter
• March 13th – 14th, 2020: Munich Brain Course
• March 15th, 2020: Departure